Date(s) - 06/04/2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Sunday 9 November - Speed Date some of Tasmania's most enthusistic Permaculture students, designers and educators
Harvest Festival is the evolution of TreadLightly EnviroFest which has been running since 2008 attracting between 3,000 – 5,000 people each year. While retaining the core values of environment and sustainable living for individuals within a community, Harvest Festival will have a major focus on gardening and garden produce with the ethos: Plant, Grow, Create, Eat, Live Local.
Harvest Festival will be a day of family fun and learning with the opportunity for people to get first hand gardening tips from celebrity gardeners Peter Cundall, Tino Carnevale, Paul Healy and the Garden’s own horticulturalists. Entry will be by gold coin donation for adults and free for kids, making it an affordable family event likely to attract large numbers.
Harvest Festival promotes awareness of how to live a healthy, active, socially and ecologically responsible and sustainable lifestyle by;
· Minimizing impact on our unique environment
· Creating a welcoming sustainable community for our children
· Supporting sustainable local industry and products
· Reminding us how lucky we are to have such a beautiful environment to live in