Two days of hands-on learning, equipping you with the skills to grow food in your own home, no matter what shape or size.
This course will cover…
- Soil health and composting: Meet the soil food web, build a small and large compost pile.
- Propagation techniques: Make your own seed raising mix, planting seeds, pricking out and potting up.
- Vegetable growing: Build a no-dig garden and explore biointensive food production.
- An introduction to market gardening including crop planning, extending your season and sewing seeds. These skills can also be applied to urban growing as well!
- A copy of The Practical Australian Gardener by Peter Cundall,
- Some organic vegetable seedlings to get you growing,
- Morning and afternoon refreshments, BYO lunch, and
- Skills and knowledge useful for the rest of your life!
This workshop will be based at the Kickstart Arts Centre, the Hobart City Farm (below right) and the St Johns Community Orchard, all within a 2 minute walk of one another. On the second day, we will travel to a private home garden in South Hobart to continue deepening your learning. We’ll provide clear directions and a map so you can find your way closer to the course.
Register your place today HERE!
For more information and to check out the rather fantastic teaching team CLICK HERE
www.goodlifepermaculture.com.au / 0418 307 294